Wiring problem

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring problem
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:42:17 +0100
Friends,
I'm putting a new wiring harness in my BJ8 and am therefore meeting with
the usual problems but I've now come across one I can't solve myself.
Basically I'm using the colored diagram that one of the listers made a
few years ago and that works fine but I found the following problem on
my tach.
The harness has one white wire under the dashboard which runs all the
way to the coil and a second white wire which together with a
brown/yellow one goes to a lamp. According to the diagram there should
be one more white wire running from the tach to the ignition switch but
I can't find that one at all. On the ignition switch I have one  male
spade connector  on which two white wires are connected which disappear
in the harness and also there I can't find a third white wire (which
should be there according to the diagram).
Two questions: a) am I missing a white wire between the ignition switch
and the tach and b) if that is so, where do I attach that wire on the
tach? The one and only spade connector at the rear of the tach is taken
by the green wire which starts at the fuse box.
I vaguely remember discussions on this forum about a loop in a wire
through a plastic bloc but as at that time my main concern were the
holes in the frame and the body I must admit I haven't paid much
attention then. Sorry...