Tunnel Insulation

To: <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tunnel Insulation
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:48:02 -0500
Dear Simon,

Here in the States at Home Depot you can purchase self adhesive closed cell
foam with a foil backing that is used to insulate heating/cooling ducts.  It
is about 12 inches wide and comes in a roll that is about 10 feet long.  I
believe that your equivalent, B&O in the UK should have the same type of
product.  I covered both the transmission side and the passenger side of my
BJ8 Tunnel.  The combination of heat reflection and insulation make the
tunnel almost as cool as the portions of the cockpit that are not in direct
contact with the engine compartment.  I also covered the floor with a
sandwich of that and a meat smoker insulating blanket (fiberglass mat
covered on both sides with foil) and the floor on the drivers side (left
side here) is as cool as the seat backs.  I used a metal foil tape to join
the seams and edges of the sandwich.  It took very little time and is worth
every bit of effort.

Mark Goodman