Re: Timken bearings

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timken bearings
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:03:35 -0500
Here are the front wheel bearing numbers that I have for Timken right off of
the boxes.    One box is a "set", (race and bearing).   It just says " Set
6".

The other bearing and race set is in 2 separate boxes.  The bearing is 07087
(with small number underneath, 200507  99).    The race is 07196 (with small
number underneath, 200505  99).   These numbers seem to correspond to
exactly what you read off of your units,  Simon.

"Set 2 "  will not fit the earlier 3000 cars as some of us are finding out.
These seem to be for the later cars when they switched to the course thread
hub adapter, maybe, don't hold me to that deduction but it would make sense.

Mark