Friday funnies?

To: MargotQ@copper.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Friday funnies?
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:14:28 EST
(Of course it's not so funny if you happen to be a  postman.)

Subject: The postal worker

There was a man who worked for the Post  Office, whose job it was to process
all the mail that had illegible  addresses.
One day, a letter came to his desk,  addressed in a shaky handwriting, to
God. He thought he should open it to see  what it was about. He opened it and
read:

Dear God,

I am an 93 year old widow, living on a very  small pension. Yesterday someone
stole my purse. It had $100.00 in it, which was  all the money I had until my
next pension check. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I  had invited two of my
friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have  nothing to buy food with.
have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope.  Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna The postal worker was  touched. He showed the letter to all
of the other workers. Each of them dug into  his wallet and came up with a few
dollars. By the time he made the rounds, he  had collected $96.00, which they
put into an envelope and sent to the  woman.The rest of the day, all  of the
workers felt a warm glow for the kind thing they had  done.

Christmas came and went. A few days later,  another letter came from the old
lady, to God. All of the workers gathered  around while the letter was opened.
It read:

Dear God, How can I ever thank you enough  for what you did for me? Because
of your gift of love, I was able to fix a  glorious dinner for my friends. We
had a very nice day and I told my friends of  your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing. I think  it must have been those thieving
bastards at the Post  Office.

Sincerely,
Edna