re grill surround

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re grill surround
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:41:07 -0500
What you can do is first mask off area. I use tha blue fine line tape from
3M , its easy to get a nice line going and repeated attempts can be done.
Then masking tape and the masking paper of your choice to the blue fine
line. Scuff entire area to be painted with a 3M   scuff pad (medium)  .
Clean area with wax and grease remover such as PPG DX330. and I like Moss
silver grey wheel spray in a can. Its easy ,Extremely durable, and right
color. 2 coats not heavy, just enough to cover as you dont want too much of
a paint line after demasking.
Have fun,
Carroll Phillips  Top Down Restorations