BN2 White Engine cmptmts-philosophical

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BN2 White Engine cmptmts-philosophical
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:27:24 EST
In a message dated 12/5/05 12:51:50 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> I would be interested in this also as I am restoring a late BN2.
> Mike MacLean
> 56 BN2

I often wonder about questions like these. If a restorer discovers that there
may have been some undocumented anomaly in production (a certain range of
BN7, for example, might have had a vinyl spare tire cover, or a certain range
of
BN2 in white might have had a black engine compartment), would this be
sufficient reason to restore "your" car with the same anomaly, even though
there was
no reason to believe your car came that way originally? Specially, say you
have a BN2 that was originally red, and you're tired of seeing red Healeys, so
you decide to do yours white. Would you simply paint the whole thing, engine
compartment and all, white as they are documented to have been, and most
examples
are, or would you decide instead to paint the engine compartment black simply
because there's reason to believe that some white BN2s had black engine
compartments?

Cheers
Gary