Re: Hand Brake

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Hand Brake
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:23:12 +0100
Ned, It's fun to see how we work in parallel - I just had the same
problem last week.
The thread (UNF) is the same size as that of the door hinge bolts, and
the bolts for the door hinges are readily available, so I used two of
those. Then the problem came up that the hand brake hit the bolt heads -
I solved that problem by grinding the bolts heads a little bit down and
fitting a thin washer between the hand brake and the ratchet plate. That
washer can't be too thick as otherwise the hand brake is locked as soon
as you tighten the nut on the inside of the tunnel. Worked fine, at
least on mine. Good luck!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432