Re: slave cylinder bleeding

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: slave cylinder bleeding
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 07:47:38 -0800
Lin,

This is an intriguing idea and sounds feasible, though I've never tried it.

I have a couple of thoughts:

- you still need to get access to the clutch slave to install the hose
and open/close the bleed valve,
  which is your problem to begin with

- you'll need a good way to secure the hose at each end ... I can see
the hoses falling off the
  bleed nipples in the middle of the process, at which point you'll lose
fluid and have to start over

- I usually look at bleeding hydraulics as a good opportunity to flush
the system; i.e. run new
  fluid though.  You'd have to be sure whatever hose you use is
absolutely free of contaminants,
  and still you'd just be pumping old fluid through the system (brake
fluid is cheap compared to
  the consequences of failure)

I don't understand what you mean by "except separate masters"  ... don't
all hydraulic brake and
clutch systems have separate masters?

bs