Re: 100 Horn Part

To: "Douglas W Flagg" <dwflagg@juno.com>, <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: 100 Horn Part
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:39:56 -0500
Excuse me boys but I just looked at the "PLATE, tapped, horn to crossmember"
in the Moss listings and that is simply not the arrangement used on the
Hundred!

On the Hundred, the mounting plate assembly is fastened to the upper 2 of
the 6 screws around the perimeter of the Altette series horn. These are the
only screws that are longer than the other 4, passing right through the horn
rim and body with enough length to continue through the mounting bracket
assembly and it's spacers. The screws are secured with thin flats, locks and
nuts. These also hold the little brass tags indicating the Lucas part
numbers, dates, etc.

Now these horn assemblies complete with mounting bracket centred at 12
o'clock on the horn have 2 clear mounting holes for each horn for 1/4"BSF
(early Hundreds) or 1/4"NF (later Hundreds) to run into tapped holes in the
upper crossmember, also sandwiching the rear slots to locate the inner
valance panel.

I'm including a picture of horns correctly fitted to an early Hundred, minus
valance panel for clarity.

Doug, if it's the mounting bracket itself (part of the horn assembly) you
need, I think I may have enough bits to help you out. Do you need the
bracket and the spacers?

Rich Chrysler