Evapo-Rust

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Evapo-Rust
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:24:36 -0800
The subject came up earlier about Evapo-Rust. I Bought a gallon from Moss
and tried it out on some pretty rusted bolts and hand tools. It works great
at taking the rust off. The parts have to be clean of grease, oil, dirt,
paint etc. for it to work well. It did leave a black soot coating on the
bolts. So parts would have to be de-smutted by light acid dip or put in a
tumbler with some corn cod media to clean them up. It doesn't appear to have
etched the parts or removed any base metal. I put an aluminum piston in the
Evapo-Rust a few minutes ago. We'll see what happens.

Allyn

name of winmail.dat]