AW: How Many?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: AW: How Many?
From: "Reinhart Rosner \(aon\)" <aon.912808691@aon.at>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:07:27 +0100
David,
I would be interested in the numbers for the European market, or even better
for the number of Austin Healeys that came to Austria. And then there should
be differentiatetd between cars that came directly from the factory or that
were imported later from other countries. A lot of Healeys came from the USA
or from GB in later years. I suppose that my 100 was one of the few that
came directly from the factory to Austria. I have this from my licence
papers and from the BMIHT certificate.
In Austria up to now I could not get any statistics about this, because from
the authorities you only get data about Austin where they put all the Austin
Healeys to. When I got the registration plate for my 100 the nice girl there
told me: "Austin Healey, what is that? Ok, it comes from Austin, I put it
there."

John,
I suppose you spoke about club memberships in the USA? Worldwide there must
be more members of clubs, maybe not only Austin Healey clubs, but maybe
members of British Car Clubs driving an Austin Healey or at least other
kinds of vintage or historic car clubs.
For example there is an Austin Healey Club of Austria and several other
clubs not reserved to a special brand and I am not member in any of these.

Reinhart Rosner
1955 AH 100 BN1
Vienna - Austria