Grill Questions, BJ8

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Grill Questions, BJ8
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:08:13 -0500
I just bought a set of original-type fasteners for the grill surround and
the vertical slat insert.  They look like manifold studs with a nut welded
directly in the center.  My question is ------ is there anything special
about attaching the grill using these fasteners?  I know the eyebrow fits
over the grill surround with its' lip under the front of the surround.
This then becomes a "single piece".  I should fit flush with the shroud
opening.  Assume one side of the stud screws into it through the hole in
the shroud.  Then the slat grill should fit over the front half of the
stud.  That seems to leave a rather long piece of the stud sticking out.

Any advice/comments?

TIA
tom