Healey 100 Top Seal

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey 100 Top Seal
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:35:25 -0600
Not too long ago someone asked about improving the seal on the Healey 100
between top and the top of the windshield.

My truly lovely wife gave me a copy of the book Austin Healey 100 in Detail
(c. 2005, by Bill Piggott) for X-mas.  There is an informative and amusing
passage on this topic on page 72 of the book quoting Brian ("Bic") Healey:

"At Warwick in the service department we employed a trimmmer known as Jimmy
the Monk because of his bald round patch.  If customers came in complaining
of this water leak, Jimmy would request that we kept the owner busy whilst
he removed the hood frame and bent to top rail over his knee until the rail
was inverted.  The noise as the wood collapsed was a trifle disconcerting,
but the metal rail remained intact and this invariably did the trick"

Jimmy the Monk, a trifle disconcerting, I love it!

Greg Lemon
54BN1