Refurbishing BJ7 Heater

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Refurbishing BJ7 Heater
From: "Elton Schulz" <eschulz@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:28:05 -0500
Hi, fellow listers
I am in the process of refurbishing the heater box on my BJ7. In removing the
heater control valve that sits on the box, there is an adaptor (Moss 021-630)
that the control valve bolts to. This adaptor has an "o" ring with a cross
section shaped like a <> that fits over the heater core inlet pipe. When I
replace this "o" ring with a new one, should I also use some kind of sealant
to make sure I get a leak tight seal between the heater core inlet pipe and
the heater control valve? The last thing I would want is assemble it and
replace it under a cramped dash and have it leak on me.
Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this.
Elton, BJ7 in progress