How did we pick our marques ?

To: healeys@autox.team.net (healey list)
Subject: How did we pick our marques ?
From: scotyp@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:21:17 +0000
Greetings and Happy New Year,

I am in the market for some new seat belts for my BJ8. The PO put in a set of
lap belts that looks like they came from GM.
I would like them to look as original as possible.
I noticed some on e-bay (item #4563403527) and the seller claims these to be
the original logo from the factory. Can someone confirm this?
 It has a large MG logo in red with small Austin Healey lettering on a black
background underneath. Must have been a cost issue for BMC to use these in both
marques!

Scot
'66 BJ8