Fw: Healey 100S in "On the Beach" Movies

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Healey 100S in "On the Beach" Movies
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:56:32 -0500
"Viva Las Vegas"
I saw one of the cars from the movie in a LV junkyard about 10 years ago while
visiting a buddy who lived there at the time. -He had a Jaguar XJ, and a TR4A,
-and was thrilled by the junk yard scrounging that could be done in the rust
free NV environment.
I found about 5-6 Healeys in various states of cannibalization, --and the
fairly complete FL Green Healey, with the Racing numbers on the side. The
"junk yard guy" would not allow removal of any of that car's parts, since it
was a "Viva Las Vegas Car" and I think he thought some day a big offer would
come along.
Anyway, several desert spiders and a lazy rattlesnake later, I did get some
good chrome bits and a hand brake off the other cars, and hauled them back to
RI.

Dave J.