Re: TOYOTA GEARBOX

To: m.fawcett@verizon.net, bruce@forkman.co.za
Subject: Re: TOYOTA GEARBOX
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:00:21 EST
I believe the transmissions you are looking to use are designated as W 58 or
W 59.
The following sites have various snippets of information relative to the
conversion, including the fabrication of a transamission cover.  BTW it's also
good time to consider a clutch upgrade--I put in a BJ8 diaphragm unit on my 100
and it is much nicer than the spring clutch.  Pete Delaney in the Charlotte,
NC area is the fellow who now distributes the Smitty's conversion kit.

Best--Michael Oritt (w/W59 and Smitty's conversion).

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stepho/engcodes.htm
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stepho/engcodes.htm
http://www.midlands.austinhealeyclub.org.uk/
http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/loats/index.html