Rotissierie website, english wheel pics, explained

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Rotissierie website, english wheel pics, explained
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:47:36 EST
I had quite a few questions on a couple of topics raised by my  website.
Rather than answer individual requests, I'll respond to the  list.

English Wheel pics:
I was bored a few winters ago, and decided to build an English Wheel.   I
have a small Southbend lathe in my basement and turned out 7 different radius
anvils( from 2.375" to 12" with one flat, the tension adjustment is from a used

milling table lead screw.  I also have a quick release, cam  activated lever
that allows you to release the tension and then return to  the original
setting.  The wheel works quite well, but not necessarily the  operator.  So
far I
have only used it to help form patch panels and  smooth out dents on existing
sheet metal.  Attached to the wheel frame is  a  reinforced bead roller from
Harbor Freight, which I do use  extensively.  The wheel is now a rolling sheet
metal forming  station.  The English Wheel cost me about $400 to build
including heat  treating the anvils.  The bead roller was on sale for $89 when
bought  it.  At some point I plan to make a planishing hammer, but that is
fodder
for another day.

Web-site:
This is my first website, hence the primitive motif.  Obviously, I  need to
add a lot more text explaining what some of the pictures refer to.   Anyone who
wants to download or use the pictures for their use, reposting or any  other
reason, is more than welcome.  My wife found the website service  that I am
using, it's free (that's why you have to endure the pop-ups) it's  relatively
easy to use and allows up to 100 pics.  To get access to develop  your own
website, log on to _www.funtigo.com_ (http://www.funtigo.com)  and follow the
directions.

I want to thank everyone for their interest and comments.

Gary Bouffard
1960 BN7 (aka garage clutter)
Southington, CT