Re: BJ8 Brake Pads

To: "James Sailer" <heliskier@direcway.com>,
Subject: Re: BJ8 Brake Pads
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:05:33 +1100
Hi Jim,

I've run both the Ferodo DS3000 and 4003 pads
http://www.ferodo.co.uk/ferodo_home/motorsports.html  which are both
available for the BJ8 caliper.

They are excellent at high temperatures (i.e. on the track) - neither are
very good on the road when cold, and both leave an incredible amount of dust
on the wheels

Look at the top pic here
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/wakefield_british_2001.html

Be aware that the literature on the DS3000 states specifically that they are
not for road use.

I haven't tried the DS2000 pads. I just use normal road pads on the road
these days.

Denis Welch sells all 3 of these Ferodo pads
http://www.bighealey.co.uk/section.php?id=15

Correct bedding in is absolutely imperative with these types of pads.

Best

Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com