RE: Quality of various Whitworth spanners

To: "'Brad Weldon 55BN1'" <healey@bradw.com>,
Subject: RE: Quality of various Whitworth spanners
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:53:51 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Brad Weldon 55BN1
Sent: 09 January 2006 17:35
To: Healey List
Subject: Quality of various Whitworth spanners

I want to purchase a set of "quality" Whitworth spanners. As I peruse
ebay, there are many manufactures (most of which I've never seen...)

  Everest
  Acesa
  Dick King
  Rolson
  Gedore
  Jenbro
  Tipco

Are some of these better than the others? Are there some to stay away
from? Recommendations from the Bloody Knuckle Club?

Thanks!
Brad 55BN1 (almost down to the frame)

I don't know about the rest, but King Dick is a well thought of brand in the
UK. I presume it's local, but don't know. I've quite a few of their tools
and they're good.
I don't know about Dick King either......
Simon.