Two steps back

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two steps back
From: "Ray Juncal" <gonzo18@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:13:36 -0800
Three steps forward , two steps back.  I thought I was all ready to start
putting this thing back together.  Panels fit, outriggers and sills done,
front crossmember,  new shock mounts, etc. etc.  So blast and paint frame and
the additive process begins.  WRONG!  I got the chassis on a rotisserie and
the blasting revealed rust in the frame bottom.  Very discouraging but my dear
wife reminded me I'm in this game for the doing of it and now I have more to
do.  So I seek the wisdom of the list.  I ordered a couple of the Killmartin
frame bottom repair lengths and I'm a pretty good welder.  It looks like I can
handel it.  Anyone who's done this have any tips or suggestions.  I'm a little
nervous about jumping in on this without knowing what I am up against.
    The view of the chassis up side down is amazing.  I thought I knew these
cars pretty well but you see a whole lot of different stuff this way.  It
turns out my chassis isn't exactly flat from end to end like I thought it was.
What impact does this have on the frame repair I'm looking at?
Help me Obiwan you're my only hope!
Thanks
Ray Juncal