Re: Halogen Bulbs (Was Parts)

To: <MBran89793@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Halogen Bulbs (Was Parts)
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:15:15 -0600
Marion, although the dim yellow light provided by my instrument lights does
have a certain period appeal, I agree that the instruments illumination is
generally dim on Healeys, or at least mine.

Are the bulbs a simple screw install in the original sockets?

Any heat or eletrical issues created?

Lastly just a note of one of those things that always made me scratch my
head, many of the Lucas lit British sports cars (not my BN1 though) came
with an instrument panel dimmer switch.

Why were these spartanly equipped cars given a useless accessory that gave
you adjustment from dim (highest setting) to dimmer to nothing?  Some
obscure British (or USA, but I am not aware of anything) law?

Greg Lemon