halogen bulbs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: halogen bulbs
From: Jim Shope <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:31:56 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
i prefer the dim lights on the panel.  in southeast asia we learned that when
flying at night turn off all lights in the cockpit.  it made you less of a
target and it helped improve night vision so you could see those big red tracer
shells coming up at you .  of course, i try not to drive at night anymore.  it
is getting harder to see those guys out there trying to kill me on the highway.
 i still cannot understand why we have a panel light switch on the healey.
does anyone ever turn their panel lights off when the headlights are on.
healeylmanjim