Early Colors

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Colors
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:19:50 -0500
Looking through the color chip library at www.AutocolorLibrary.com  brought up
this page:

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1955-ahmg-pg11.jpg

It shows THREE shades of Healey Blue in use as early as 1957.    One shade
("H-1 Blue Iridescent") is for 1954, one ("Ice Blue Iridescent") is for later
100's to 1957 (the year of the chip card) and a solid, ie: non-metallic, shade
("Ice  Blue") for the earliest 1953-54 Healeys.  There is also Spruce Green,
Carmine Red and Ivory.  I have this same R-M card, and the one shade of blue
is definitely non-metallic.

What is interesting is that these are not modern recreations of old historic
colours, but practical chips meant to repaint cars that were then current,
ordinary, on-the-road vehicles.  In other words, 'these shades had better be
pretty darn close, or we pay to repaint the customer's car again'.

Best regards
Peter