Need a working O/D for 64 BJ8

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Need a working O/D for 64 BJ8
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 01:57:20 EST
Well, I have tried everything I can think of a few things others have as
well.  Still no luck in getting the O/D to engage.  I don't suppose anyone has
one
laying around that is known to work and would be willing to sell or exchange
it for the one I have?  Which by the way does have new rings & O rings.

I would be MOST grateful for any and all leads.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua

Ps...I did manage to get the hood to come up and speed and neatly wrap itself
back over the windscreen thereby giving me a good knock on the head.  Pretty
exciting stuff at 60 mph or so.  Can't believe it did no damage to the
windscreen or more to me.  I have to admit though it must have looked quite a
sight
to see this Austin-Healey coming back down the highway with the bonnet up and
then bent at 90 degrees back over the windscreen and some knuckle head peering
out around ti to see where he was going.  Oh, I should also point out that
somewhere in the process the brakes decided to fail completely.  As in NO
pedal.
Thank goodness for a working E brake!!  The adventures continue.