Carb leak

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb leak
From: conbreda <conbreda@eircom.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:53:29 -0000
Hi Guys,
Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous query regarding polybushes.
I have a new problem now.
I tried to start the car the other night in the garage, i didn't actually
turn the engine over as i found it odd the that the fuel pump did not stop
pumping. After further inspection i found fuel was coming out of the front
carb over flow pipe, after that i left it as there was too much fuel on the
floor etc.
The fuel tank is half full, carbs are SU-HD6.
I am thinking is the float stuck, Could there be dirt in there.?
Would appreciate advice
Thanks
Connor