RE: Value Insanity - gold cars

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Value Insanity - gold cars
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:01:22 -0800
Hi, Earl -

What is the authority for "it is known that 50 of these were trimmed in
red...."?  I haven't seen a definite figure given before.  The usual source
for such statistics, Clausager, mentions 553 Metallic Golden Beige (MGB, not
to be confused with you know what!) cars but doesn't break out the trim as
far as I can tell.

The BJ8 registry currently has a record of 131 original MGB cars.  Of these
22 were originally trimmed in red.  Those are just the ones for which I have
documentation (BMIHT certificates) showing the original configuration.  I
would be surprised, based on that number, if there were as few as 50 MGB
cars originally trimmed in red.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry