Re: Paint scheme and originality, was: RE: Value Insanity

To: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint scheme and originality, was: RE: Value Insanity
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:18:27 -0500
I quite agree with you on that point Steve.
If I were team captain or chief judge with such a car being judged, I would
have to go for the standard deduction as stated in the scoring sheets and
guidelines. This would apply for an early Phase 2 with the larger single
lamps front and back, etc., etc. In other words, without getting into
checking actual serial numbers, the BJ8 that could be visually determined at
a casual glance as not being a late enough car to have MGB should have a
standard paint deduction. Ironically the MGB car that all the BJ fuss is
about is exactly such a car!
Hang on a minute while I slip on my flame suit!<grin>
Rich Chrysler