scuttle shake

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: scuttle shake
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 05:16:10 -0800
My guess is the seam sealer suggested by your body shop would work in the
same way that Loctite works. Filling the voids between seperate metal parts
causing the parts in contact to attenuate at the same frequency, canceling
the effect of two different parts vibrating at different frequencies to take
the path of least resistance by loosening up or shaking to dissipate energy.

The seam sealer can't hurt, but correcting misalignment or weak or damaged
components would probably have the greatest effect on scuttle shake. It's
the "Pandora's Box" paradigm of car repair. Fix one weak link and the repair
uncovers the next weakest link in the chain right on down the line until the
whole car has been sorted out or your bank account has been drained of all
available funds. The delta I guess is  whichever event occurs first.

Allyn

name of winmail.dat]