RE: Zero Oil Pressure - None

To: "'JACK NEWTON'" <jmnewt@adelphia.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Zero Oil Pressure - None
From: "Jim LeBlanc" <jleblanc@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:47:10 -0600
Hi Jack:

When working a significant problem like this, look for the simple problems
before taking drastic action, like pulling an engine. So assume the easy and
obvious.

Take a look at the oil in the upper cylinder head area. If oil is in that
area, then some oil pressure exists. The oil has to get there someway,
somehow. If no oil is reaching the upper cylinder head then this is a good
sign you have a problem. Conversely with plenty of oil reaching the top of
the engine then you have a problem with the gauge and the oil passage to the
gauge.

Know that I seldom check this email address, other than weekends.

The advice to check with you rebuilder is excellent. He is on the hook for
this and should advise.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M