Re: Wire Wheel & Brake Drum Paint

To: Tom Syperski <tom.syperski@sev.org>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel & Brake Drum Paint
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:29:06 +0800
Tom -

For the drum itself, I would recommend using an engine enamel so that it
won't discolor with heat or when covered with grease.

In general any medium to medium light color silver paint is acceptable (even
from the factory the color came with variations) but I would avoid very
bright silvers (sometimes called aluminum or chrome) and dark ones that will
look too grey.  Otherwise whatever you chose should be just fine.

For the wire wheels, I would recommend having them trued first before
painting, and then have them painted or powdercoated by a professional.  If
you spray them yourself, you run the risk of paint flaking off the spokes
over time, which looks really ugly.  Better to have it done professionally,
or even better buy new wheels.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8