Re - Fuel gauge troubleshooting

To: healeys@autox.team.net, pryner@verizon.net
Subject: Re - Fuel gauge troubleshooting
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:48:22 +0000 (GMT)
Pete,

  Go to www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/

  On that page is a list of technical articles including the ones on Smiths
fuel gauges. They are the same for MGs and Austin-Healeys from the mid-fifties
except for the dials.

  I rebuilt the non-working gauge for my BN2 using these articles. When I
opened up the gauge, one of the wire coils had a broken wire where it was
soldered onto one of the terminals. The coil wires are very fine, and
slackening the coil adjusters on the back of the gauge and sliding the coils in
the slots is often enough to break a wire.

  Rgds

  Mike Brooks
  BN2
  Houston