RE: DB7 was Offended by So called "Friday Funnies"

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: DB7 was Offended by So called "Friday Funnies"
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:29:58 +0000
Well, at least a couple of other Listers share my off-key, non-PC sense of
humor.

This was a vague cross-reference to the expressed rarity--for imports
stateside, at least--of a blue DB7 WRT the recent lengthy thread regarding
the rarity and (perceived) greater value of MGB Healeys sold recently at
auction.

The humor--for those perverse enough to see it--is employed in what scientists
call
the "semi-PC-not-directly-related-but-not-quite-a-pun-ironic-semi-twist-poke-a-
little-fun-of-those-who-can-tolerate-it" school of humorology.  This techniqe
is not
commonly used, statistically reported to between somewhere between a blue
'97 DB7 and a genuine, BMHIT-certified MGB '67 BJ8 on the George Carlin/Steven
Wright Humor Refractometry Index, with an approximate reading of 6.733493
(which is known to be WAY off the scale for Muslim Fundamentalists).

Unfortunately, the subtlety of this type of humor requires a smiley comprised
of
roughly the number characters as the number of digits in the latest calculation
of
the exact value of pi, which has been known to break any list server not running
on a Cray XMP, so I decided to use the closest approximation:  ;)

I guess, in other words, "if I have to explain it ... "

bs

From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>