Rust - CLR

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust - CLR
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:54:47 -0800
Taylor,
I haven't used CLR to de-crud a radiator but I have tried it on rusted steel
and I didn't have much luck. I think it's more caustic than acidic. I've
been using a product called Evapo-Rust with outstanding, near miraculous
results for rust removal. In the past I used dilute triple etch (phosphoric
acid) to de-rust parts. The Evapo-Rust will only work on ferrous alloys and
cast iron.

I purchase Evapo-Rust from  The Rust Store, they have a web site with
various bio friendly rust removal and inhibiting products. They make a spray
gel also for parts that can't be submerged, vertical panels, floor pans etc.
I just got the spray gel via UPS today so I can't report on how well the
spray gel works yet. Evapo-Rust is non etching and fully bio-degradable. I
believe it's derived from Soy Beans ( yes, this is not a Friday Funny in the
making). Moss also sells the Evapo Rust. Cheaper at the rust store.

Google Evapo-Rust and Orison Marketing the maker of the stuff. Both sites
have some good restoration rust removal photo's.

The usual disclaimer here, I have no financial interest in either companies,
the stuff just plain works advertised.

Allyn

name of winmail.dat]