Where to tap into power for driving/fog lights

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Where to tap into power for driving/fog lights
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:48:02 -0800
I have my fog/driving lights wired up and they work grand.  I used a heavy
duty off road wiring kit that includes a relay and fuse.

I want to know where the appropriate (smoke retention safe) point to tap
into power might be.  I currently have it on the fused side of the fuse
block and the

Relay "control" wire on the blue/white so they come on only with low beams.
The on/off uses the OD dash switch and wiring (I have a Smitty 5sp now)

The way I want this to operate is for the lights to come on along with the
running lights so I can use them as Fog or Long Range (bulb/lens change) so
I will move the control wire from the blue/white to whatever the running
lights control wire is.  For now they come on only when low beams are on.

So what I am concerned with is pulling too much current through the stock
fuse with these lights plus the little extra that the halogen lights will
pull.

Make sense?  Use your imagination on the following diagram.

                              OD on /off

                     Relay  --power ----~added fuse~ ------- ~ orig stock
fuse ~ ---- batt

                             Blue/White "control"