BN7/BJ8 Pressure Plate

To: healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN7/BJ8 Pressure Plate
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:00:08 -0800 (PST)
Question for the experts...

I have a BN7 which has the 10" clutch disk.  I am
running the Smitty conversion, which uses a 9 1/2"
ChutchNet Disk.  My lever arm pressure plate is bad.
Can I swap the later BJ8 9 1/2" diaphram pressure
plate without redrilling the flywheel?  Is there an
advantage?

If this is a desirable upgrade, and the flywheel does
need to be redrilled, has anyone done this with a
Bolton lightened flywheel?

Thanks for your time.  I am in digest mode, so direct
emails are also appreciated.

Dean BN7