Glove Box Lock Question BJ8

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Glove Box Lock Question BJ8
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:02:10 -0500
Have a new wooden dash.  Am screwing everthing into place.  Put the glove
box lock set in and when I mount the rear chrome piece over the lock
mechanism and screw it down flush with the wood it forces the lock tab to
the down position.  The only way it will go up ( where it normally must be
to latch), is to back off the chrome plate considerable--which leaves a
ugly gap and then it doesn't mate up properly with the latch.

There is a small set screw hole in the bottom of the outside knob.  Does
this have some function that would cause this problem?  Can anyone think of
any other reasons why I'm having this problem?

TIA
tom