Re: Oil filter drain plug

To: <pennell@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil filter drain plug
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:15:46 -0800
I had installed petcocks on both our Hondas, and used them for years.  While
they make oil changes easier and less messy, they are slower, as the oriface
is about the size of a standard soda straw.  I still use one of them on my
wife's Acura, and would like to find one for my Mazda 6 and son's Prelude.
I was never concerned about clearance, as they are only about 3/4" from the
tip to shoulder, and the lever is a lift and swing mechanism so as to lock
closed.  All brass.  Moss sells them for PT Cruisers, and I plan to contact
them about their source.  By the looks of them in the Moss catalogue, they
are the same ones that I got for our Honda's 20 years ago.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA