Re: Thrust Washer Adjustment

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thrust Washer Adjustment
From: "Chris Masucci" <sooch@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:42:25 -0600
A piece of plate glass for flatness, and a sheet of 1000-1500 grit wet/dry
sandpaper.  Lube with WD-40 or any other thin oil...Marvel would work well.
Follow a figure eight pattern, and rotate the washer often (not flip over,
but rotate), and check the thickness very often in the beginning until you
get a feel for how far ten "reps" of the figure eight gets you.  It takes a
while but you'll end up with a nice surface and the right size.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8