do healeys ever run

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: do healeys ever run
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:46:21 -0800
i have driven healeys almost constantly since 1974 and most of the problems i
have had are self-induced from not checking funny noises, oil leaks,
vibrations, etc.  as i got older i began to become religious on maintenance
and care.  i have been towed home once for a wheel problem that i should have
caught earlier.  normal share of electrical and fuel problems, but as the old
parts are replaced i know when to start checking fuel pumps, generators,
starters, etc. my generator is the one on the car when i got it, along with
the fuel pump(replaced points a few times), starter, water pump and most other
parts.  i do remove them and perform maintenance such as cleaning, replacing
bearings, rubber parts in the brakes, etc.  i have never been stranded on the
road even though i had a wheel come off one time.  las vegas to klamath falls
and back last year at 80mph through nevada with never a belch. love the car
and believe in driving it as much as i can.  it is my only car(my wife cannot
drive it), so it gets driven almost every day.  healeymanjim