Re: BN2 - early 3000 Jack handle detail

To: <Wwycoffbn7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BN2 - early 3000 Jack handle detail
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:43:23 -0500
  Bill:   I have a King Dick B1077.  It has a handle as you described.  The
sleeve is square tubing 2.28" long .455" inside, .565" outside.  Measured
wall is .045". (the dimensions don't add up because the tube is not a
perfect square)  The little hole for the spring ball is .200" dia and passes
through the sleeve to the other side as you said.  The hole centerline is
.80" from the open end of the sleeve.  The bar is .440" square.  The sleeve
appears to have been plug welded or spot welded to the bar,   It is a little
loose as though the weld failed,  but It won't slip off.  The end of the bar
goes about half way through the sleeve.

  It so happens that I had a flat on my BN7 a couple weeks ago, and the jack
actually works ok, except a helper must lift the car a little by hand in
order to get the jack underneath the car.

  Hope this helps

  Jim
  BN1, BN2, BN6, BN7