Re: Bob Weight Springs

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bob Weight Springs
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:22:42 +0100
You can just as well perform the trial and error on the road.
According to my experience you will not see a dramatic change
regardless of what springs you use. The most important thing is that
you set the ignition at 4000 rpms to 35-360 advance. What happens
from idle to maximum revs with the advance curve does not seem to
make a major difference on the Healey engine. That much said I would
suggest that you try the medium tension first. Race cams prefer an
advance that comes on early in the rev range i.e. the soft spring.
Road cams prefer an advance that comes on late i.e. the strong spring.

Good luck

Magnus Karlsson
Sweden