Re: BJ8 Generator

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Generator
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:21:54 +0800
Ned -

These generators are dead-simple and are easy for most auto-electrical
rebuilders to fix for you.  Just find an auto-electrical builder in
your area and take it to them to fix.  You should be able to find some
good shops in your neck of the woods.

They'll have armature winding machines and all that stuff, so they can
do a full rebuild on your generator... the rebuild will probably cost
on the order of $80 to $150 to do.  Don't waste your time trying to
fix it yourself.  Be sure to remind them whether your car is positive
or negative ground, so they will polarize the magnets correctly for
you.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8