Re: Mounting a british plate on the front bumper question.

To: "Taylor Maurer" <heavyhiking@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Mounting a british plate on the front bumper question.
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:32:12 +0800
Taylor -

When I moved my BJ8 from California to Hong Kong (which uses British
style Plates), all I did was buy factory Austin Healey license plate
mounts from the UK (www.cape-international.com or www.ahspares.co.uk).
 All you do is bolt up the mount to the front (bumper brackets and
apply the plate.  The plate will mount below your bumper in the front
(and also the back for my BJ8).

To be honest this is the most attractive set up and when I take my BJ8
back to the states I won't bother with the original US style mounts...
the UK license plate mounts are much more attractive.

It's a bolt up set-up, so no modification necessary.  If you want to
see what it looks like on my BJ8  (it will be exactly the same for
your BN1) go to my website (it's mounted under the bumper... very
nice):

http://www.seigrist.com/cars.html

Best Regards,

Alan