RE: Calling Gerry Coker

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Calling Gerry Coker
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 05:48:36 -0800
Gary,

Hear hear!!  Shelby's involvement in the retro Mustang and GT40, the Series
1 and continuation Cobras not only helps sales and buyer confidence, he is
able to get more interest in his charity venture as well.

The last time I visited with Gerry he seems to still have a lot of miles
left on him (grin).  With new materials and technology available, more
design options exist......................and a faint chanting was heard
that slowly built into an overwhelming crescendo.......

Gerry
Gerry
Gerry
Gerry
Gerry  !
Gerry !!

Skip ahead to March 14th, 2008 - London Auto Show.

Gerry stood in front of the vehicle and pulled the rope to lift the covering
and reveal the 2008 Healey 3000GTR Roadster and a hottie umbrella girl here
standing next to the Healey Blue over Old English White beauty (sorry Mrs
Coker I got carried away). Forty years to the day after production stopped
Gerry Coker, the original designer of the Austin Healey 100 unveils the new
roadster with a direct DNA linage to the 100.

Am I dreaming ???????   I can picture pre-driving age boys fantasizing over
this new car (no not the umbrella girl Keith) at the local Healey showroom.

Tracy