Re: BT7 Top

To: "Larry Swift" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BT7 Top
From: "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:44:04 -0500
Larry. Alfie is in winter storage so I can't take any pictures but I will
try to explained it. I tried a Moss bow and ended up sending it back and
buying one from Heritage which fits perfectly and comes with the holes for
the hold down lever already drilled which is a big help. First apply the
vinyl cover strip with 3M spray on adhesive. Leave plenty of extra length
where it folds over or the glue won't hold well and the vinyl will lift when
the sun heats it. Staple the vinyl in place after gluing where the staples
won't show. Glue and staple the top in place on the bow. Screw on the metal
strip so that it will go over the lip on the front edge of the top of the
frame. Glue the rubber weather strip on the metal over the screws and leave
an inched at each end that will be trimmed off later. Punch holes thru the
vinyl were the hold down levers go and bolt them on. That's it. Good luck.
JL

James Lea
2 West St. PO Box 25
Rockport Maine 04856