Re: overspray removal

To: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: overspray removal
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:50:11 +0800
Ken -

Sometimes using a semi-hard plastic implement of some sort can be
really effective in scraping away overspray (especially in the tight
spaces).  Try a Bic pen tip after removing the ball point insert.

You can also try using paint stripper on a Q-Tip?  That might work
well in the very tight spaces.

Probably the best solvent which works very well in removing paint is
gasoline.  the only thing when working with it is making sure you
don't work with too much (i.e. don't blow yourself up!), just a little
is all you need.  Gas really softens paint and removes it.  It is much
better than thinner or Acetone.  The only thing is it smells like
hell!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8