2006 Missouri Endurance Rally - Just 2 weeks!

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2006 Missouri Endurance Rally - Just 2 weeks!
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:40:22 -0800 (PST)
Happy Spring - 1 day early,

  It's Sunday morning and the sun is beaming through the windows.  It's a lazy
morning, just watching TV and checking email.  I thought I'd share a little of
what's going on here in the Chi-Town area since it's almost time.

  Some of you may recall from previous post our attempts at the Missouri
Endurance Rally.  This year will be Bob Brown's and my third run at the
Missouri Endurance Rally.  This year our run for bragging rights will be done
in my '60 BN7.  Bob and I will be competing the the full endurance.  In
addition, Mike Shickler, also from the Midwest Club AH club and a friend of his
will be competing in the short rally with Mike's square-bodied Sprite

  Preparations began several weeks ago with breaking my Mistress out of her
long winter's slumber.  First came the basic Start of season maintenance
routine.  Draining and replacing all the fluids.  Then getting the car over to
Bob's new 6 car garage - complete with lift for some minor work and lubrication
on the dark side.  A new muffler bracket produced a priceless additional 3/4"
ground clearance.  The OD solenoid was also reset successfully.

  Yesterday a new seal was added to the top front rail plus a new Monza filler
cap.  The brake system was also bled and refilled.  I drove the car for a nice
drive about 30 miles to make sure everything was working as expected.  So far
so good.  Next weekend will bring a longer shake-down drive.

  We'll be heading down to the start in the St. Louis area on Friday March 31.
It would be great to see other Austin Healeys complete - Any of you up for the
challenge?  Let me know if you'd like more info.  There is also the email below
from the organizers for more information.

  I'll post an update with our results following the race.  Till then - keep
the rubber side down.

  Cheers,
  Carlos Cruz
  '60 3000 BN7

  From the Rally Organizers:

  Yep, it's getting down to the wire for the kick off event of the driving
season!  Registrations are coming in, but there are still plenty of spots left
open for teams to take on one of the best driving events of the year - the
Missouri Endurance Rally and the Missouri Mini Endurance Trial!

  We'll meet at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, April 1 at the Red Roof Inn at West Port
here in St Louis for the driver's meeting and the odometer check run.  After
that teams will be sent on their way to see who can meet the challenge of
hitting all the stops and making it back to the start while covering the least
number of miles.  Map skills are essential!

  Hope to see you there!  Let me know if you have any questions.  If you need a
registration form, go to www.stlouismgclub.com and look under Events.

  British Cars Rule!

  Robert Rushing
  MG Club of St Louis