Proper BJ 7 Top Install

To: <carlalony2@aim.com>
Subject: Proper BJ 7 Top Install
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:50:48 -0500
Hi Lony,

The rear bow of the BJ 7 has a wide flange rivetted to it.  This is of a
complex cross section incorporating a channel that locates over the bow, and
tapers at both ends.  This flange has three large guide tabs welded to it, as
well as the two cad plated latch receivers and webbing rivetted to it.  The
rear window curtain top is located by the three tabs and  attaches with the
two over-centre catches.  The main body of the hood (top) material also has a
flap or strip of material above the rear window, which gets clipped to the
rear bow metal flange, with seat clips.

I have scanned the BJ 7 Hood page from the parts book for you, and attached
three photos of the original rear bow with its flange and latches.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Peter

Lony,
I'm passing this on to my good friend Peter Svilans who has a n.o.s BJ7 top
assembly complete. He will be able to describe it exactly for you.
Rich