Unknown

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unknown
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:31:50 -0500
Doug,

You appear to have a pair of inner upper door liners for a four-cylinder.
Checking my patterns gives a length of 26" (parallelogram shape) and a width
of 6 1/4" with three holes on the bottom edge.  Material was panelboard (also
called millboard).  I seem to remember trimming an early BN 1 about 20 years
ago that had these panels originally in plywood, but I won't swear to it now.
You should be able to tell if its original by the grain of the vinyl material,
its backing, the look of the screw holes, and also the fact that most Healey
plywood panels had chamfered edges. The lower part of the door liner was just
vinyl glued directly to the metal.

On the six, these liners became three millboard pieces- upper, lower and door
bottom.  The parallelogram-shaped door bottoms look similar, as Rich says, but
the dimensions are 27.5" long and 4.5" wide.